The Brew Story has adopted and complies with the Australian Privacy Principles as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012.
What personal Information does The Brew Story collect and hold about you?
When you visit The Brew Story website the following information may be recorded by our Internet Service Provider (ISP) for statistical purposes:
- your server address
- your top-level domain name (eg, .com, .gov, .au, etc)
- the date and time of your visit to the site
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded
- the previous site visited, and
- the type of browser used.
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
- session id, unique token, sessional, allows us to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
- Google analytics to record the number of visits.
- Cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
- secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
- storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
No attempt will be made to identify you or your browsing activities from these records except in the unlikely event of an investigation by the ISP, or where a law enforcement agency exercises a warrant to inspect the Internet Service Provider’s logs.
When you make a purchase on The Brew Story website, or send us a message requesting assistance or information about any of our products, you acknowledge that by providing us with your personal information you consent to our collection, use, and disclosure of this information both for the purposes for which it was collected and also to communicate with you about a related or ancillary reason which could include but is not limited to the following reasons:
- To process and fulfil the order you have placed, including communicating its status, and contacting you about delivery
- To respond to your request for product or service information
- The date and time of your visit to the site
- Administer and manage the services we provide you
- To third party service providers that assist us with the fulfilment or improvement of our products and services
- For reporting purposes, or compliance in line with our legal obligations
- To prevent fraud against yourself, The Brew Story, or another third party
- To seek your feedback in relation to the products or services you have purchased by way of a product review
- To improve our website
- Unless you opt out, to communicate with you on a regular basis about any offers, promotions, products, or services that may be of interest
In order to fulfil all or any of the criteria above, you agree that we may contact you by the most appropriate method and this may include; email, SMS, MMS, mail, social media, or telephone.
How do The Brew Story collect personal information?
The Brew Story collects personal information directly from you when you submit it either in store, online, or by telephone.
We will take all reasonable steps to protect all personal or company information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Your information is stored securely whether in an electronic or physical form. For example, only personnel requiring access to the information are allowed access. All personal, company or confidential information is stored in secured premises or in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords.
Some information is kept for a number of years to comply with legal requirements. Any personal information that is no longer needed is destroyed.
You authorise The Brew Story to collect, store, disclose and share information about you with all or any one or more of the following:
- Any company trading as The Brew Story Discount Warehouses (“the stores”); and
- any consultant providing services to The Publisher or to the stores (“Consultants”); for the purpose of:
- providing marketing information to you about products and services offered by the stores; and
- monitoring the quality and standard of service provided to you or other consumers by the stores or by the Consultants.
Access and correction
You can request access at any time to view and correct any personal information that we hold. We will process your request promptly within a reasonable time. There is no fee for requesting access to your information. You may ask us at any time to correct personal information held by us about you which is incorrect or out of date.
We aim to ensure that all information we hold, which we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. You should promptly notify us if there are any changes to your personal information.
Links to other websites
The Brew Story website may contain links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by The Brew Story. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of these other websites.
Ratings and Reviews
You acknowledge and agree that The Brew Story reserve the right to publish part or all of any submitted reviews or ratings these may include first name and suburb of participants.